Inspire creativity, encourage teamwork & learn about communities. Students play, design and think outside of the box.
Discover the importance of imaginative play through design, construction and creativity.
This collaborative and play-based 90 minute STEM incursion gives students the chance to combine their budding design skills through fun-filled team orientated activities. Students will be tasked with considering a range of construction challenges and share their ideas as they build following procedures, using imagination and creating zany inventions.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit your class and grade level curriculum requirements. Examples include:
- Understand what a community is and what type of groups can be found in one.
- Understand how the dynamics of problem-solving influence teamwork.
- Identify the fundamental elements of communication and getting along with others.
- Apply new communication strategies to understanding the needs of others.
- Identify how encouragement and support giving builds trust.
- Design, create and build with a partner, following a procedure.
- Identify community members through construction and dress ups
- Discuss and construct various creations according to a set task brief.
- Communicate concepts, discuss outcomes and share.
- Apply logic, planning and positive reinforcement in achieving partnered goals.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 90 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times.
- Group size – 40 students maximum per session (approximately).
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required.
- Equipment requirements – 8 trestle tables (or the equivalent). Please provide a school map when booking.
- Booking requirements – A minimum 75% deposit made 7 days before the date of booking.
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up.
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian, New South Wales and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.