Inspire creativity, encourage teamwork & learn about communities. Students play, design and think outside of the box.
Discover the importance of imaginative play through design, construction and creativity.
This collaborative and play-based 90 minute STEM incursion gives students the chance to combine their budding design skills through fun-filled individual and team orientated activities. Students will be tasked with considering a range of construction challenges and share their ideas as they build following procedures, using imagination and creating zany designs.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit your class and grade level curriculum requirements. Examples include:
- Understand what a community is and the groups of people that belong within that community
- Understand how the dynamics of problem-solving influence teamwork
- Identify the fundamental elements of communication and getting along with others
- Apply new communication strategies to understand the needs of others
- Identify how showing encouragement and support builds trust.
- Design, create and build with a partner, following a procedure
- Identify members of and places in a community through construction and dress ups
- Discuss and construct various creations according to a set task brief
- Communicate concepts, discuss outcomes and share.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 90 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times
- Group size – 44 students maximum per session (approximately)
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required
- Equipment requirements – 10 trestle tables (or the equivalent), access to water, whiteboard and bin
- Parking- Onsite parking is essential. Please provide us with the address of nearest gate access
- Booking requirements – A minimum 75% deposit is required within 7 days of booking the incursion
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.