Get Social is a thought-provoking and reflective package that encourages students to focus on building their communicative, empathic and resilience skills through a series of fun-filled activities.
Younger students (years K-2) will explore ‘getting along’, encouragement, turn-taking and communication skills. Older students (Years 3-6) build on trust, leadership and resilience through physical and mental problem-solving challenges.
By adapting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Various activities and equipment are used to extend student learning and encourage students to reflect on their performance and how such skills are essential in the ‘real world’. If this sounds like a pathway to improved student behaviour and performance, then stop waiting and GET SOCIAL.
Key Learning Areas covered could include
- Resilience and perseverance
- Positive, effective communication
- Balance and physical support
- Listening and helping others
- Leadership and trust
- Getting along and sharing
- Trial and error problem-solving
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Space requirements – regular access to an unfurnished hall
- Payment requirements – A 75% deposit is to be made 7 days before the incursion.
- Setup time – Our staff will arrive one hour before the start time to set up.
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during each session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian, New South Wales and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please let one of our qualified teachers know, and they will be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.