Get down with the latest moves as students express themselves, build confidence and dress up.
Explore the impacts that expressive physical activity has on the body, mind and emotions.
What better way to build student confidence and expression than with this 60-minute incursion that gives students the safe space to learn and express themselves through dance. Qualified teachers will guide students as they move through some simple, safe and fun dance routines. Students will learn how the communicative power of dance builds confidence, which they will apply through improvisation of their styles and selection of costumes from our extensive range. The emphasis is on having a go – there are no wrong moves which means we will get everyone dancing! By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit your class and grade level curriculum requirements.
- Develop strategies to build resilience and confidence.
- Learn, compose and perform movement sequences in response to stimuli.
- Identify the fundamental elements of dance.
- Apply new expressive, communicative strategies.
- Explore new ways to channel creative energy.
- Identify how encouragement and support giving builds trust.
- Improve body control and coordination with specialised movement skills through feedback.
- Discuss concepts and understanding of communication and creativity.
- Discuss elements of performance and how to follow dance routines.
- Practice and refine movement sequences and skills using space and time to enhance performance.
- Reflective practice exercises connecting students to their emotions and how they change.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 90 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times.
- Group size – 60 students maximum per session (approximately).
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required
- Equipment requirements – 4 trestle tables (or the equivalent) is ideal.
- Booking requirements – A minimum 75% deposit made 7 days before the date of booking.
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up.
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers design all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian, New South Wales and Australian curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.