Breathe, meditate and stretch your way to a calm and focused classroom. Teenagers have to deal with plenty of daily stresses and distractions. Emotionally, there can be a great deal of balancing required.
Our session helps teach students how to ‘switch off’ and become more mindful of their surroundings.
We look to give students the tools they need whilst respecting and understanding that it will take time for some.
Healthy minds and bodies lead to greater personal & social growth. This inspiring 60-minute incursion demonstrates in real-time how a sense of calm and stillness can be used to harness greater concentration and focus. Students will be guided through breathing techniques and age-appropriate relaxation activities that regulate emotions and improve concentration and energy levels. Students will learn basic poses that increase strength, coordination, focus and flexibility.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit your class and grade level curriculum requirements.
- Understand the connection between mind, body and behaviour.
- Identify the fundamentals of personal and social growth.
- Apply new focused strategies to achieving mindfulness.
- Explore Meta-Cognitive processes to increase calm, build focus and express ideas
- Discuss the connection between emotions and behaviour.
- Discuss the importance of mindfulness strategies and how to identify when to use them.
- Practice and refine basic strength, coordination and flexibility exercises.
- Communicate and discuss outcomes.
- Develop skills related to the management of emotions in a range of contexts.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 60 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times. This session runs for 60 minutes and will be structured around your bell times.
- Group size – 38 students maximum per session.
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required for this Incursion
- Booking requirements – A minimum 75% deposit made 7 days before the date of booking.
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian, New South Wales and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.