Adventurers! Navigate your school in teams using iPads, deciphering hidden clues and cracking codes to score points and find hidden treasure.
Bring Mathematics, Geography, Health & Physical Education to life in one unique learning experience.
In this 90-minute voyage of adventure, students apply newly taught orientation skills and work in teams to compete in and complete a part escape room and treasure hunt challenge. Students learn the principles of direction, orientation, mapping, and deciphering codes using activities that link their mathematical, geographic, health and physical education skills. Students are challenged to develop lateral and critical thinking skills as part of a team to complete a range of exercises and solve various cryptic clues.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit your class and grade level curriculum requirements. Examples include:
- Identify and describe the basic principles of direction and orientation
- Apply various collaborative approaches to achieve team goals
- Understand how to use a compass
- Application of logic and problem-solving strategies.
- Discuss prior knowledge of orienteering, direction and maps
- Practice orientation, mapping and problem-solving exercises to solve critical challenges
- Use of iPads, maps, keys, codes and compasses to help teams find and solve clues
- Communicate and discuss various observations and make conclusions
- Apply logic, planning and positive reinforcement in achieving set team goals.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 90 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times
- Group size – 44 students maximum per session (approximately)
- Space requirements – Outside. An indoor space is also required to set up the ‘home base’ and equipment
- Equipment requirements – 4 trestle tables (or the equivalent). Please provide a school map when booking
- Parking- Onsite parking is essential. Please provide us with the address of nearest gate access
- Booking requirements – A minimum 75% deposit is required within 7 days of booking the incursion
- Inclement weather Plan – Select an alternate incursion that can be applied in case of poor weather
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.