Hands on, toy-based learning that explores the fundamentals of movement and various materials.
Explore the Science behind the toys of today and yesteryear.
This inspiring 90-minute STEM-focused incursion is specifically designed to introduce younger students to the fundamentals of forces, motion and materials. By adopting a play-based learning approach, students will explore various historical and scientific basics behind multiple toys.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit your class and grade level curriculum requirements. Examples include;
- Introduce how science and technology improve the quality and fun of toys
- Explore the history and culture of different toys
- Understand the fundamentals of force and motion, sound and materials
- Identify the basic properties of various materials used to make toys and how they have changed over time.
- Discuss different types of toys, how they are made and how they work
- Discuss the importance of various materials in the construction of multiple toys
- Explore the basics of push and pull forces and other energies such as sound
- Communicate and discuss observations and conclusions.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 90 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times
- Group size – 44 students maximum per session
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required
- Parking- Onsite parking is essential. Please provide us with the address of nearest gate access
- Equipment requirements – 9 trestle tables
- Booking requirements – A minimum 75% deposit is required within 7 days of booking the incursion
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.