Celebrate different cultures as you immerse yourself in a world of traditional styles of music, dance & costume!
World Dance explores the expressive connection between music and movement and its impacts on the body, mind, and emotions.
Cultural exploration, celebration and inclusion get no better than this 60-minute incursion where students are given the safe space to understand and learn how expression varies across the world. Our experienced dance teachers encourage students to embrace and celebrate culture through a world of traditional music, dance and costume!
By exploring Latin, Bollywood, African and Spanish dance steps with vibrant sounds from across the globe, students will delve deeper into their favourite style, focusing on critical steps and ‘freeze frames’. Just watch their confidence grow as they learn more dance steps! Students will be given a safe space to share their learning by performing their routines and sharing their impressions.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit your class and grade level curriculum requirements. Examples include;
- Develop strategies to build resilience and confidence.
- Understand movement sequences in response to stimuli.
- Explore the cultural connections between dance, music and movement.
- Apply new expressive, communicative strategies.
- Explore new ways to channel creative energy.
- Identify how encouragement and support giving builds trust.
- Discuss the connections between culture, communication and creativity.
- Discuss elements of performance and how to follow dance routines.
- Practice and refine gross and fine motor movements.
- Apply newly introduced dance steps and improvise into new routines and performances.
- Reflective practice exercises connecting students to their emotions and how they change.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 60 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times.
- Group size – 60 students maximum per session (approximately).
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required
- Equipment requirements – 8 trestle tables (or the equivalent) is ideal.
- Booking requirements – A minimum 75% deposit made 7 days before the date of booking.
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up.
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian, New South Wales and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.