Breathe, meditate and stretch your way to a calm and focused classroom.
Healthy minds and bodies lead to greater personal & social growth.
This inspiring 75-minute incursion demonstrates in real-time how a sense of calm and stillness can be used to harness greater concentration and focus. Students will be guided through breathing techniques and age-appropriate relaxation activities that regulate emotions and improve concentration and energy levels. Students will learn basic poses that increase strength, coordination and flexibility.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
You might also be interested in out Happy, Healthy Minds incursion. Check it out!
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit your class and grade level curriculum requirements. Examples include:
- Understand the connection between mind, body and behaviour
- Identify the fundamentals of personal and social growth
- Apply new focused strategies to achieving mindfulness
- Explore new ways to increase calm and build focus.
- Discuss the connection between emotions and behaviour
- Discuss the importance of mindfulness strategies and how to identify when to use them
- Practice and refine basic strength, coordination and flexibility exercises
- Communicate and discuss outcomes
- Develop strategies to manage challenging situations constructively.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 75 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times
- Group size – 44 students maximum per session (reduced to 35 for foundation students)
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required for this incursion
- Parking- Onsite parking is essential. Please provide us with the address of nearest gate access
- Booking requirements – A minimum 75% deposit is required within 7 days of booking the incursion
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.