Spark an imaginative and inspirational love of Science by exploring forces and energy.
Grow a love of science through a hands on introduction to the forces of nature.
In this wonderfully engaging 90-minute STEM incursion, every student gets a buzz as they are introduced to electronics, circuits, various forces and 9 types of energy. Through scientific investigation, students will test, observe and report on the application of various energy types and their impacts on different types of matter. Students will also explore the basics behind solar energy, conductors, insulators and other components that make up other kinds of everyday circuits. Students will be challenged to think critically, make predictions and observations with terminology, keywords and equipment differentiated to match each year level.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to predict, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit class abilities and curriculum requirements. Examples include;
- Identify and describe the properties and behaviour of various types of energy.
- Identify and describe the properties and behaviour of various electrical components.
- Identify and describe the various types of contact and non-contact forces.
- Understand the basic properties of solar energy.
- Apply basic coding techniques.
- Apply scientific methodology and terminology.
- Understand and apply basic units of measurement, accuracy and equipment use.
- Discuss prior knowledge of various types and sources of energy, coding and electronics.
- Conduct various STEM activities observe critical outcomes.
- Document how energy impacts movement.
- Implement basic principles and processes of scientific methodology.
- Apply logic, planning and positive reinforcement in achieving task goals.
- Communicate and discuss various observations and make conclusions.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 90 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times.
- Group size – 40 students maximum per session (approximately).
- Room requirements – An unfurnished hall is required for this Incursion.
- Equipment requirements – 8 trestle tables (or the equivalent) is ideal.
- Booking requirements – A minimum of 75% deposit is required within 7 days of booking the incursion.
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up.
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers design all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian, New South Wales and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.