A School Camp On Your Doorstep
Adventure, without paperwork, overtime, busses and expense. We organise everything!
Every student experiences 3 incursions throughout their school day. Students rotate to new activities after their break and again following lunch.
Is your school large? No problem! We can return over multiple days at no additional cost.
Our “Outdoor Adventure” package incorporates the following three incursions;
1. Shelter Building:
Design and create shelters that meet cost, location and purpose specifications. Apply STEM, budgeting and teamwork skills to see which team can build the most sturdy shelter tested against the elements of Hurricane Supreme. Using activities that link students’ maths, design, communication and negotiation skills, students are challenged to think laterally and critically. Race against the clock and keep an eye out for the flash sales!
2. Billy Carts:
Expect action-packed. Burn around the track in our traditional billy carts and modern ezyrollers. Design and build moving wooden structures using real tools, and work together to build a mini steel Billy Cart. Teamwork skills are challenged and the complexity of the activities adjusted to suit needs. Investigate the fundamental principles of motion, design and performance, and provide an experience that children will talk about for years to come.
3. Maps & Mayhem:
Adventurers! Navigate your school in teams using a compass and iPads. Deciphering hidden clues and crack codes to score points and find hidden treasure. Work in teams to compete in and complete a part-escape room and part-treasure hunt challenge. Students learn the principles of direction, orientation, mapping, and deciphering codes. It’s innovative, it’s fast-paced and it’s an adventure that you will not want to miss.
Key learning areas covered include
- Identify and describe the basic principles of direction, orientation and cardinal points
- Apply various collaborative and problem-solving strategies to achieve team goals
- Understand and apply design procedures in the construction of basic machines
- Application of budgeting, maths, negotiation and collaboration skills.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Space requirements – Outdoors with a hall provided as a wet weather backup option
- Parking- onsite parking is essential. Please provide us with the address of nearest gate access
- Setup time – Our team will arrive one hour before the start time to set up
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during each session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated. Let us know your needs and we will plan and adapt the session accordingly.