Build and improve resilience, communication, problem-solving and camaraderie with our exciting small group challenges.
Explore our unique and practical approach to building better student collaboration and empathy.
Throughout this engaging and thought-provoking 90 minute incursion, students focus on building their communicative, empathic and resilience skills through a series of fun-filled activities. Younger students (Years F-2) will explore ‘getting along’, encouragement, turn-taking and communication skills. Older students (Years 3-6) build on trust, leadership and resilience through physical and mental problem-solving challenges. We use different equipment depending on the age and ability of students. All students are encouraged to reflect on their skills and how they add value to a team environment.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to observe, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit your class and grade level curriculum requirements. Examples include;
- Understand the dynamics and importance of teamwork
- Identify the fundamental elements of positive relationships
- Apply new communication strategies that improve problem-solving
- Understand the relationship between respect and leadership
- Identify how encouragement and support giving builds trust
- Develop strategies to manage challenging situations constructively.
Team Building F-2
In F-2 Team Building, students work on fundamental social skills such as getting along, listening to, and understanding that others may see things differently. Effective communication, support, and encouragement is explored, with students identifying and reflecting how words and actions can impact others. Students rotate through four foundational activities that foster these skills and are tailored to your students.
Team Building 3-6
In 3-6 Team Building, students work on building communication, leadership and encouragement skills. Students effectively utilise their strengths to support everyone in their team and identify the importance of including others for team efficiency and success. Students rotate through four problem-solving activities tailored to the needs of your students. Students are encouraged to approach the small group challenges with a resilient mindset.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 90 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times
- Group size – 44 students maximum per session (approximately)
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required
- Parking- Onsite parking is essential. Please provide us with the address of nearest gate access
- Booking requirements – A minimum 75% deposit is required within 7 days of booking the incursion
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian and Australian curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.