Experience the fundamental properties of motion and how these influence the design and performance of Billy Carts.
Build teamwork & problem-solving with our iconic hands-on learning incursion.
In this action-packed 90-minute incursion, students investigate the fundamental properties of motion and learn how these influence design and performance. Students explore the push and pull forces to learn about the influence of gravity and friction on how things move. Students will be challenged to work in teams to follow set design procedures with complexity adjusted to suit all year levels.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to predict, observe and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes;
(See ‘Secondary’ page for Secondary Curriculum links)
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit class abilities and curriculum requirements. Examples include;
- Identify and describe the influence of push and pull forces
- Identify and analyse the influence of friction, gravity and inertia
- Understand and apply design procedures in the construction of basic machines
- Understand the role of teamwork and leadership in achieving set goals.
- Discuss prior knowledge of motion and how objects move
- Explore the composition of various construction materials (metal, rope, wood, plastic and rubber)
- Investigate push and pull forces by driving Billy Carts and EzyRollers around a course
- Explore the property of inertia and the impact of not wearing seat belts
- Apply basic design principles and investigate how they influence performance.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 90 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times
- Group size – 44 students maximum per session
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required
- Parking- Onsite parking is essential. Please provide us with the address of nearest gate access
- Payment requirements – A 75% deposit is required within 7 days of booking the incursion.
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers design all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.