Bring out your student’s inner Scientist by conducting experiments, testing hypotheses and observing the chemical reactions of various solids, liquids and gases.
Foster scientific inquiry with innovative chemistry & physical science class activities.
In this 90-minute voyage of discovery, students explore basic chemical reactions and correctly describe fundamental changes in matter. Students will be divided into groups and sent on a rotation of exciting hands-on science activities to promote critical thinking exploring a range of chemical reactions and change processes. Students will be challenged to make their predictions and observations with terminology, keywords and equipment differentiated to match each year level.
By adjusting this incursion to suit your focus needs, our qualified teachers will guide all students through each learning activity, prompting them to predict, investigate, communicate and reflect along the way.
Scope of Learning Outcomes
Together we’ll select the learning outcomes that best suit class abilities and curriculum requirements. Examples include;
- Identify and describe the various properties and behaviour of solids, liquids and gases.
- Analyse and describe the differences between chemical reactions and changes in physical properties.
- Understand and apply basic laboratory procedures & practices of measurement, accuracy & equipment use.
- Application of scientific methodology and terminology
- Communicate and discuss various observations and make conclusions.
- Discuss prior knowledge of various chemicals and the behaviour of solids, liquids and gases.
- Conduct various chemical experiments and observe key changes using sensory play and exploration.
- Document changing elemental states using newly learnt scientific terminology.
- Observe magnetism, virtual and augmented reality, the properties of different materials and how solar energy acts as a catalyst for chemical change.
- Implement basic principles and processes of scientific methodology.
Incursion Information & Requirements
- Duration – 90 minutes. This will be structured around your bell times.
- Group size – 33 students maximum per session (approximately).
- Space requirements – An unfurnished hall is required for this incursion.
- Equipment requirements – 8 trestle tables (or the equivalent) is ideal.
- Booking requirements – A minimum of 75% deposit to be made 7 days before Incursion.
- Setup time – We will arrive one hour before the start time to set up.
- Teacher presence – Teachers must be present during the session.
Our qualified teachers have designed all incursions to be adaptive and differentiated so that each learning outcome aligns with Victorian, New South Wales and Australian Curriculum requirements.
Cannot See Your Focus Links?
Should your curriculum or key learning area not be listed here, please give us a call. One of our qualified teachers would be happy to make the adjustments required to meet your needs.